User Experience LeadMar 2011 - Present
lastminute.com – London, UK
User Experience ManagerMay 2010 - March 2011 (11 months)
Comet Group Plc – Rickmansworth, UK
Co-FounderJune 2006 – October 2010 (4 years 5 months)
TravelSpeak Co., Ltd – Chiang Mai, Thailand
Senior Web DesignerJune 2008 – May 2010 (2 years)
Comet Group PLC – Rickmansworth, UK
Web DesignerAugust 2005 – June 2008 (2 years 11 months)
Comet Group PLC – Rickmansworth, UK
- Designed, coded and maintained feature pages/micro sites on behalf of brands such as Apple, Hotpoint, HP, Panasonic, Philips, Samsung, Sony and TomTom on the Comet website.
- Designed and developed the Comet email newsletter brand.
- Created and maintained search engine optimization code standards for our content.
- Responsible for planning, wire framing, implementing and tracking multi variant tests.
- Setup and ran our in-house photography studio for product photos used on comet.co.uk.
- General production duties of creating banners and graphics and supporting promotions.
Freelance Web Designer (Alongside my work with Local Origins Co., Ltd)September 2004 – May 2005 (9 months)
Hi-Powered – Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Designed and produced XHTML and CSS 2.0 templates and websites of behalf of Hi-Powered.
- Dealt directly with their clients, I was responsible for establishing their needs and providing professional advice to create SEO optimized, high quality websites.
Co-Founder / Operations DirectorDecember 2002 – May 2005 (2 years 6 months)
Local Origins Co., Ltd – Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Setup and maintained the company’s retail and wholesale e-commerce web sites.
- Designed materials for online and offline marketing, photographing and editing product photos for both our website and various printed publications to increase worldwide sales.
- Sourced new products and agreeing the best buying price with suppliers.
- General day-to-day duties including overseeing the accounts, dispatching orders, updating our websites whilst continually developing new and more efficient systems etc.
Education & Events
Product ManagementMay 2012
Silicon Valley Product Group (SVPG)
- Three day intensive course on ‘How to create products customers love’. Covering agile product management techniques, Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and product discovery.
Further information can be found here: http://www.svproduct.com/
Usability & AccessibilityJanuary 2011
- Two week Usability & Accessibility course. Training modules included: Web Accessibility, Web Usability, Usability Testing, Information Architecture and Prototyping with Axure.
Further information can be found here: http://www.webcredible.co.uk
Impact & Influence CourseDecember 2010
This 1 day course raised the following question:
What impression do you make on people?
I learned the following from taking this course:
- How to communicate ideas quickly, concisely and powerfully
- How to persuade colleagues, customers and suppliers of the value of your project
- How to enhance the quality of your personal management skills
- How to improve performance in all aspects of day to day business
Project Management SkillsSeptember 2007
- 3 Day Interactive Workshop on Project Management Skills
More information about the course can be found here:
Search Engine Strategies Training WorkshopFebruary 2007
SES London (Incisive Media)
I attended a 1 day training workshop which covered the following key areas:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Paid Search Fundamentals
- Keyword Research
- Press Release SEO
Following this I attended the 3 day conference covering a huge range of subjects centred around Search and Usability.
Good DecisionSeptember 2007
The Mind Gym
A half-day workshop which taught me the following:
- To understand my own personal decision-making style.
- To appreciate the strengths this can bring as well as the dangers that I should be wise to watch out for.
- To become familiar with 5 decision-making traps that we fall into daily and what to do to avoid them.
- To put into practise a number of easy to use decision making techniques to help overcome even the most paralysing dilemmas.
More information about the course I attended can be found here: